Thursday, June 25, 2009

Facebook Stalking?


I've been accused of facebook stalking!

Okay, now that I've got your attention, let me explain. This accusation has not been by my facebook friends, but my coworkers. I get select facebook friend's status updates sent to my phone as text messages. So, I'm able to keep up with what's going on. It really helps me keep updated with my family! And some of my friends' statuses are hilarious not to miss!

I too, use texting on my phone to update my status throughout the day. That way, I also contribute to the status mayhem! Sometimes my post will be enough to generate a good response of comments from others. That is my aim.. it's sooooo much fun!

Now, back to stalking, if it could be called that. Now if someone voluntarily post information on facebook, and it's available for me to see, would it be considered stalking when I read it? They don't have to be my friends on facebook. And if they didn't want others to know, they should update their status!

I know that because of the statuses, I'm able to tell what's going on in my friends' lives. To me, that's cool. It's fun. And most of all…. It's facebook!

~Matt

No comments: