Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hamburgers and a Movie (Monday, June 22, 2009)


I ended up going in early to work, so Lydia dropped me off before taking the kids to the daycare. We all had a busy day.

When I got home, Lydia went to go give plasma, and I took the kids outside. It was hot out there! I was to cook hamburgers on the grill... but when I went to turn it on, I found we were out of propane. Thankfully, the other grill we have had a full tank and I was able to switch them out. When I lit the grill, all was well. But that wasn't the end of my troubles!

We were given a 'log' of hamburger meat from some church members a week before. Lydia had forgotten to give it enough time to thaw before I got home. So, after trying to cut the frozen log with a knife... I just scraped off the thawed, outer-layer of the meat log. No matter how sharp the knife may be, it just won't cut through frozen hamburger! Mysia wanted a bite, and of course, I had to explain "why" we don't eat raw hamburger.

Unfortunately, it was too hot to stay outside for long. Ozark humidity hits again! So we went inside! We watched some AFV while eating our hamburgers, and also ate ice cream! We were doing good for a while, until one of the clips showed a 1 year-old putting a frog in her mouth! Yuck!

After putting the kids to bed, Lydia suggested we watch a movie she got from the library. She watched it as part of her English class a week before, and wanted me to see it. The Emperor's Club was pretty good! It deals with a professor who tries to help a troubled student, only to regret his actions years later. A really good movie with a good moral… "What will your contribution be? How will history remember you?"

~Matt

No comments: