Tuesday, June 23, 2009

“Hello Doll…..”


Ever watched the Andy Griffith Show? Ever seen the ones where Andy and Barney have the dates from Mount Pilot? The "Fun Girls"? One calls Barney "Berny" and the other has a deep, throaty voice and calls Andy "Doll". Sooo funny!

Well, I was thinking about this the other day, and I remembered one time when helping my dad on a Saturday. We were working at as installers, putting in curtains for a assisted living nursing home. And one of the nurses in charge had a very low, deep voice. I did my best not to laugh, but I wanted to ask her to say that phrase, "Hello Doll…."

Not to be mean to any lady who has a low vocal register, but I'd have a hard time living with Lydia if she spoke that way. I guess we'd be in competition when singing! I'm also glad that Lydia doesn't have one of those high squeaky voices that usually come with blondes!

I guess I'd better get off this subject… I don't want to offend too many people, especially those blondes!

~Matt

No comments: