Thursday, June 4, 2009

SG Quilt Blocks (a "Design" post)


Okay everyone, it's been a while since I've done a "Design" post… so here you go!

Several of the members on the southerngospelforums are planning to have a booth at the National Quartet Convention. Well, back in March, a post was made that someone should make a Southern Gospel quilt for the booth. The quilt will be made of blocks of SG artists, and anyone who wanted to submit a block or more could do so. I offered to do one of Gold City, and someone suggested I do one of our quartet as well. Sure, I could do that.

Well, time went by, and it slipped my mind. The "deadline" for the submissions was May 1st! I got a message a little of week ago, asking if I had started… whoops!  So I started designing. I was going to use "heat transfer" to make my blocks. Using Photoshop, I make the design, and then print it out on the heat transfer paper. After that, I iron the print onto the material, and I'm good to go!

I mailed the blocks out on Monday! Whew! I can't wait to see pictures of the quilt when it's completed!

~Matt

No comments: